There’s no doubt that dandruff can be a fairly humiliating, embarrassing and certainty brings down confidence. However, you’ll be surprised to know that it isn’t a serious problem in most of the cases. This is the reason why you need to consider spending cash at a salon, only after you’ve made an attempt to cure it at home. It’s good to know that you can cure it with the ingredients already present in your kitchen.
Dandruff, scientifically known as seborrhoea, focuses on the scalps of numerous individuals, regardless of their age. Besides that, it prompts other skin problems like acne and pimples. Before we can examine how to get rid of dandruff, how about we know what causes it. Dry skin, bad hair brushing and shampooing, stress and bad eating habits, will make your scalp more inclined to get dandruff. Now, you know a bit about the causes of dandruff, so let’s discuss how to fight it.
Here are simple home remedies that will cure your dandruff problem:
- Remedy #1 – Massage With Coconut Oil And Lemon
Coconut oil is known to provide nourishments to the hair; on the other hand, lemon juice treats dandruff at home without utilising unsafe chemicals. Take a look at the easiest and the simplest dandruff remedy:
- Take 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and heat it with the same amount of lemon juice.
- Massage your scalp delicately with the combination.
- Leave it on your head for 20 minutes before cleaning it with a shampoo.
- Remedy #2 – Fenugreek Pack
Fenugreek seeds are utilised in this remedy. Here are the directions to utilise fenugreek pack to remove dandruff:
- Soak a small quantity of fenugreek (methi) seeds in water and leave it in overnight.
- Next day, remove the water and crush the mellowed seeds to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on your head and leave it for around 60 minutes.
- Rinse it off by utilising a high quality shampoo.
- Remedy #3 – Use Curd
Yes, you might think it’s a bit messy, but applying curd to remove dandruff from your hair is quite effective. Here are the steps to treat dandruff problem by using curd:
- Apply curd to your hair and scalp.
- Allow it to settle down on your skin and leave it for an hour.
- Use a shampoo to clean it with cold water.
- Remedy #4 – Use Baking Soda
Treatment of Dandruff can be done by using baking soda also. To know how to use baking soda for dandruff treatment use read below:
- Make your hair wet.
- Rub a spoonful baking soda on wet hair.
- Wash it off, after leaving it on for 60 to 90 seconds.
- Remedy #5 – Tea Tree Oil
Using tea tree oil is an excellent approach to cure dandruff. Here are instructions on how to use tea tree oil to cure dandruff:
- Use a couple drops of tea tree oil and massage your scalp with it.
- Allow it to settle down for 5 minutes.
- Use a good quality shampoo to wash it off.
Final Thoughts: Dandruff may not look very dangerous, but if you leave it untreated for a very long time, then it might end up destroying your hair. If you are facing the problem of hair loss, then a hair transplant is the best treatment for you.