The outer layer of skin on our faces is prone to damage and infections, because it is always exposed to climatic conditions, pollution, and germs. Even the cosmetics that we use on our facial skin can cause various side-effects.
Dermatologists recommend various treatment types, based on your skin condition and severity of damage. Chemical Peel treatment is one such effective treatment procedure.
What is Chemical Peel Treatment?
It is a treatment procedure, where the outer layer of the damaged skin is exfoliated with chemical solution containing trichloroacetic acid (TCA), alpha hydroxyl acids (AHA), or phenols. Once the damaged skin is removed completely, the healthy and glowing skin layers will get exposed. The new layers enhance the radiance of your external epidermal layers.
In most cases, this treatment procedure is combined with the other techniques such as laser peeling, botulinum rejuvenation, and dermal fillers. Before undergoing the procedure, your dermatologist will first check if it is compatible for your skin type.
Benefits of Chemical Peel Treatment:
- It takes care of some special acne types and the mild scars formed on facial skin.
- Fine lines, one of the major skin aging signs, are often found around mouth and eyes. This procedure can successfully remove the fine lines, and other signs of aging.
- Sun spots, age spots, blotchiness and freckles, etc, are some of the issues that can cause skin disfiguration. This treatment can successfully diminish such issues.
- Enhances the radiance of the skin colour and cell texture.
How Is the Procedure Followed?
Pre-peel care is generally prescribed for those who require special care. It is mostly because their skin is too sensitive, and prone to side effects.
- The procedure is then initiated with a thorough cleansing of your skin layer. It is then followed with the minor surgical steps. During this procedure, your dermatologist will use anaesthesia to put you to deep sleep.
- Then they apply the solution evenly on the skin, and let it stand for the required time.
- While peeling it off later, extra care is taken, and it is done on one section at a time.
- The after-treatment involves applying of cream or lotion, to soothe the skin. For deep peel procedures, necessary after-care is provided on the surgical wounds, including surgical dressing.
After undergoing the chemical peel treatment, it is important to follow some after-care procedures at home. You will need to keep your skin supple and moist, prevent skin tanning, etc. to reduce burning or swelling of the skin layers.